Looking for something different to spice up your next game night? Or maybe you’ve been wanting to try a new party game that doesn’t involve cards, dice, or a board; one that is accessible and engaging for everyone. Read on to find out more about this dynamic party game.
Let’s cut right to the chase: Video bingo is an exciting variation of the traditional bingo game with some quirky additions and twists. Here, you won’t be playing against other players but instead challenging yourself and seeing if you can spot the video stars fast enough so that you can mark your card before they disappear from the screen.
How to Play Video Bingo
If you think that the only thing separating you from winning the jackpot is the (seemingly) simple task of spotting the stars on the screen, think again. Video Bingo is a dynamic game that requires a mix of luck and skill if you are to come out victorious. Luckily for you, we’ve got all the insider information you need to help you win that sweet, sweet prize.
Ready to get started on an amazing game such as video bingo? Okay, so while playing video bingo, you’ll start off by choosing a category of video games. Next, you’ll have to decide on the number of rounds you want to play within that category. Once you have all this information out of the way, it’s time to start the game.
What You’ll Need to Play Video Bingo
A room full of gamers, snacks, and drinks, and a couple of TVs with a video source connected to them – they’re the essential elements required to play video bingo. Apart from the TVs, you’ll also need some bingo markers, a bingo card, and of course, a video bingo game.
We’re sure you’re fully equipped with the essentials to play bingo, but just in case you’re wondering about the other things you’ll need for video bingo, here’s a list:
- Bingo card – The bingo card is an essential element of the game; without it, there’s no way you can play bingo. The bingo card is where you’ll mark the letters that are called by the caller, as well as the numbers that appear on the screen.
- BINGO – You have to mark your bingo card, but how? Well, there are a couple of ways you can choose to do so. The most common way is to use a marker to create a dark circle around the letter/number that has been called out. Alternatively, you can also use stickers to mark your bingo card.
- Scoring pen – This is used to mark down the numbers that have been called out during the game.
- Batteries – You’ll need a couple of batteries to power the TV and the console you’re using during the game.
- A TV and console – If you don’t have these two items, you might as well forget about video bingo and go straight to playing regular bingo.
The Basic Rules of Video Bingo
Ready to get your feet wet and experience playing video bingo for the first time? You’ve come to the right place! We’re here to help you get started and walk you through all the basics you need to know in order to play video bingo.
- Choose a category – First things first, you’ll have to choose a category of video games. This can be any category of your choosing, but make sure that it’s one with enough videos to keep you engaged.
- Select the number of rounds – After you’ve chosen the category, you’ll have to decide on the number of rounds you want to play within that category. There’s no set rule on how many rounds you should play, but it’s generally recommended that you keep it to two rounds per category.
- Choose the letter and number to start the game – Once you’ve decided on all the elements of the game, you’ll have to select the letter and number that will start the game. This can be anything from the first letter of your name, to the last letter of your birthday.
- Call out the letters and numbers – Once you’ve started the game, it’s time to call out the letters and numbers. You’ll be expected to call out all the letters and numbers once the game begins.
Where to Find a Video Bingo Game to Play?
Ready to jump into the world of video bingo? If so, you’ll first have to find a video bingo game. You can do this in one of two ways: either you can host a video bingo party at home, or you can visit an establishment that offers video bingo. Hosting a video bingo party at home is the cheaper route of the two, but it does require you to have access to a large enough space to accommodate all your guests.
Visit an establishment that offers video bingo. This is the more expensive route, but there are some establishments that offer video bingo for free!
Video bingo is a dynamic game that doesn’t require a ton of skill in order to be played. It is primarily enjoyed by casual gamers and non-gamers alike, so it’s the perfect game for your next party if you’ve got a mix of casual and hardcore gamers among your guests. With that said, it’s time to grab your friends, log on to your favorite online gaming platform, and start playing video bingo!